The threat of a Hillary Clinton Presidency was at the top of every speech given during the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits (NRAAM) this past weekend. The Alaska Dispatch News posted this story from Bloomberg News reporter
“Barack Obama is single handily responsible for the sales of more guns and ammo than any human being in the history of the United States,” said Richard Feldman, a former NRA political organizer. “Clinton could do better.”
It should be noted that Feldman is the media’s go-to guy for quotes because he is a former NRA employee and has less than flattering things to say about his former employer. Having said that, he is probably right. Her rhetoric about the need to “change the gun culture” is already leading some to add to their collection as noted in the article:
For Chuck Raymond, who works in Kentucky’s oil fields, Clinton’s rhetoric is enough to keep adding to his gun collection. The 69-year-old doubled the size of his arsenal to about six during Obama’s presidency, with the new purchases fueled by fear that the Democratic president may successfully restrict access to firearms.
Now, with Clinton on the verge of becoming the party’s nominee, he’s buying again. “I’ve wanted an M16, one from the Vietnam era, for a long time,” Raymond said. “She encouraged me.”
Every gun owner needs to get involved in this election. As was made clear during the NRAAM this past weekend, the Second Amendment is on the ballot this year. Go to NRAILA.org and sign up to volunteer this election.
Read Full Post »
This blog has been very clear that the #1 job of all gun owners is to stop Hillary Clinton from being elected President. If that means voting for a candidate for whom you only agree with on the issue of guns, then that is what you have to do. And that doesn’t mean voting for a third party candidate. Folks, the way our system is set up, a third party isn’t going to be elected president and likely won’t get enough electoral votes to through the election into the House of Representatives. Earlier this week, outdoor television personality Michael Bane posted a piece on his blog that is a must read for all gun owners. Here is a sample:
You know where I stand — unconditionally against the presumptive Democratic nominee. I have said that I am willing to vote for the “Best of Show” from the Westminster Kennel Club as long as he or she has an (R) after her name. That’s because I vote guns, and the choice seems pretty simple to me. Let me list the ways:
• The Democratic nominee has called for “Australian style” gun confiscation if elected. Let me repeat that; The Democratic nominee is in favor of door-to-door confiscation of legally owned firearms.
• The Democratic nominee has stated her specific opposition the Second Amendment and the Supreme Court rulings in Heller and McDonald that interpreted the Second Amendment as an individual right. There is no doubt that should she be elected and quickly fills the currently empty seat, the Bloomberg organization, with it’s unlimited funds, with push a 2A case to challenge to the Supreme Court ASAP.
• Because of the recent death of Justice Scalia, the incoming President will be able to immediately either shift or retain the 5-4 majority that passed both Heller and McDonald. Given the ages of several other Justices, the incoming President will likely have the power to change the Court for at least a generation.
• The Democratic nominee has stated she will spend “every day” of her Presidency thinking of ways to destroy the “gun culture,” e.g., “us.”
• The Democratic nominee unconditionally favors banning “assault weapons” and other non-specifiedd “guns.” Any new assault weapons ban would likely be modeled on the bill proposed after Sandy Hook, which is far more restrictive and far more specific than the Bill Clinton AWB. That is, it would ban guns by name, as opposed to by some vague set of specifications, e.g. wording such as “…this legislation bans the possession all guns derived from the AR-15/M-4/AR-10 platform, or using any version, caliber or modification of the AR-15 lower and/or upper receiver and any other firearm using a operating system derived from a current military platform such as the AK-47, the M1A/M-14, etc., including but not limited to, the Ruger SR556, the Ruger AR556, the Ruger SR762, the Ruger SR22, the Ruger Mini-14…and on and on.
• The Democratic nominee opposes concealed, open and Constitution carry and will support Federal legislation to curtail or eliminate these Fundamental rights.
• The Democratic nominee supports universal background checks that would completely eliminate the private sale of firearms, even to family members. Under the Bloomberg Model bill adopted in Colorado and Washington and the only bill that has been mentioned as a model, the definition of the word “transfer,” long defined by BATFE as “transfer of ownership,” the standard BATFE still uses, would be changed to “transfer of possession,” e.g. the physical act of handing a gun to anyone is defined as a “transfer” and as such must go through an Federally licensed dealer. Loaning a gun to a competition shooter whose gun has gone down or loaning a rifle to your friend for hunting season would be banned by Federal law. As originally drafted by Bloomberg’s antigun attorneys, the law was so broad-reaching that, technical, it would be illegal, a felony, to allow someone to “house-sit” in your home if you had weapons locked in a safe, even if the house-sitter had no knowledge of the combination nor any other way to access your personal firearms.
• The Democratic nominee has called for he elimination of the law protecting firearms manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits and has in fact called for people to be able to sue gun manufacturers for criminals’ use of stolen guns.
And he continues with even more. Read the entire piece because it is well worth the time. Then take a minute and sign up for NRA-ILA Frontlines to volunteer to help defeat Clinton in the General Election.
Read Full Post »